The below course overview is for our in-class Babysitting Course, for more information on our online version please visit: https://onlinetraining.actionfirstaid.ca/the-babysitting-course.
This highly interactive hands-on babysitter’s program will properly prepare you to become a great babysitter! Our focus is to give you the confidence and skills necessary to keep kids safe, happy and healthy while they are in your care.
- The safe way to find a job
- Preparing for an interview
- Preparing for your first job
- Understanding the different needs of infants/toddlers
- pre-schoolers and school age children
- Awareness and prevention of injuries in and around the home – for all ages
- Making a 911 call – special interactive training
- Basic First Aid for the following emergencies:
- severe allergic reactions
- diabetic emergencies
- an introduction to CPR
What You Receive:
- The Babysitter’s Manual & Card
- A re-usable contact information booklet
Students need to bring a peanut-free lunch.
Our BIG & BRIGHT training centres are located in Barrie, Vaughan & Bracebridge.
We also regularly deliver courses at Georgian College campuses.
If you would like to book private training for your group please call us at 1-866-FIRST-AID