We understand that “life happens” and you may be required to move or cancel your registration. We feel that we have a very fair cancellation policy that allows our course participants to cancel or move to another course if enough notice is provided.
Moving to another course:
- Course registrations are transferable to another date (or participant) if you are not able to attend. Please provide us with 5 business days’ notice.
Cancelling a course:
- To receive a full refund, participants must provide at least 7 business days’ notice before the course start-date. Cancellations made with less than 7 business days’ notice will not be refunded.
If you need to move or cancel your registration, please notify our office immediately by calling 1 866 347 7824 x 0 during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm). Please note our office is not open on weekends. Please leave a detailed message with the reason for your absence and we will follow up on the next business day. Alternatively, you can email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your health and well-being is important to us. Action First Aid reserves the right to waive all fees for cancelling or moving your registration, given special extenuating circumstances, that are beyond your control. These decisions will be made on a case-by-case basis.
For Corporate Clients
We understand that ‘things happen’ and you may be required to move or cancel your course on behalf of the company. We feel that we have a very fair cancellation policy that allows our corporate clients to cancel or reschedule when the required notice is provided.
Moving a course to another date:
- Action First Aid will move your scheduled course date to another day when provided with 5 business days’ notice.
Cancelling a course:
- To receive a full refund, Action First Aid must receive notice at least 7 business days prior to the scheduled course date. Cancellations made with less than 7 business days’ notice will not be refunded.
The following charges will apply if 7 business day’s notice are not provided:
- $450.00 for a half day program
- $650.00 for a full day program
- $1000.00 for a two-day program
If you need to move or cancel your course date, please notify our office immediately by calling 1 866 347 7824 x 0 during regular business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm). If you are not able to speak with someone directly, please leave a voice message. We also ask that you clearly state in an email to email@example.com and your sales rep, the request to move or cancel, and the reason for the move or cancellation.
Please note our office is not open on the weekend.
We value the partnership with our clients and it is at the discretion of Action First Aid to modify this policy based on each individual circumstance.
Extreme weather or other emergencies:
The health and safety of your employees and our instructor is always our number one priority. Action First Aid reserves the right to waive all fees for cancelling or moving your program, given special weather conditions, that are beyond your control or in the best interest of our instructor.
EMERGENCY NUMBER FOR AFTER-HOURS PROGRAMS
Action First Aid has an emergency number that allows you to speak to our staff after-hours if there is a problem that requires immediate attention. Please use this number for urgent situations that cannot wait until the next business day.
Emergency after-hours number: (705) 417-1938
Cancellation & Rebooking Fees for Blended Learning
Refunds are not available once the online course has been started. If you have not yet accepted or started the online course/licence and wish to switch to full in-person training, there will be a re-booking fee of $20 plus tax.
- Groups need to provide at least 4 business days notification to reschedule an in-class demonstration of skills in order to incur no additional fees
- Group bookings that need to be re-scheduled with less than 4 business days notice will incur the following rebooking fees:
CPR/AED: $125 + tax
Emergency First Aid/Standard First Aid Recert: $150 + tax
Standard First Aid: $175 + tax
- If one or more individuals miss the private group class with no valid reason (e.g. covid symptoms) and are within proximity of the training centre, there will be a rebooking fee of $50 (plus tax) to attend a public class.
An individual who misses a blended learning in-person class with no valid reason (e.g. covid symptoms) and are within proximity of the training centre, there will be a rebooking fee of $50 (plus tax) to attend a future session.