Supporting the Mind at Work Series
Our modular approach allows for easy scheduling:
- Modules are 1-2 hours, and can be combined or delivered individually over a number of days/weeks.
- Recommended sequence is Module #1 – #6, as shown below.
- Recommended number of participants is 15 – 20 per session.
- Choose either a virtual (Zoom) or in-person class format.
Mental Health – The Fundamentals
This program introduces and addresses the most common mental health issues of our time. It provides insights on how to support others in the workplace, along with key coping strategies offering practical tools for how to manage stress and optimize performance.
- Understanding Mental Health issues and addressing stigma
- Navigating the Mental Health Continuum
- The ACTION Approach to Mental Health Support
- Stress and Performance; Key Coping Strategies – Scenario Based Learning
- Increasing Resiliency with Effective Self Care
Creating a Culture of Compassion
This program helps organizations create a culture that fosters greater awareness for mental health among employees, and provides practical tools to build a more supportive and compassionate work environment.
- Working with the Mental Health Continuum
- Leveraging the ACTION Model for Mental Health Support
- Navigating conversations with Co-workers regarding Mental Health
- Scenario Based Learning: How Can I Help My Team / Co-workers?
- Self Care: How to put into ACTION and make a daily practice
In these post-pandemic times, take time to refuel and learn these practical strategies and tools to reignite your energy and set a strong foundation to nurture your mental well-being on an ongoing basis.
- Modern life and how it can lead to burnout
- Factors affecting our energy levels
- Cultivating everyday awareness
- The Power of the Present Moment
- Key tools to help bring our attention to the present
- How to leverage the power of self awareness to maximize personal growth and well-being
Optimizing Brain Health
Discover the power of the gut-brain connection and how it impacts your mental health, along with key strategies and practical tools to leverage this connection for optimal brain function.
- Understanding the gut-brain connection and our “Second Brain”
- Examine how key systems in the body impact brain chemicals
- Learn how to leverage nutrition, sleep, and exercise to optimize our mental health
- Understand how to increase Resiliency with Effective Self Care
Understand the role the mindset plays in our mental health and discover key strategies and practical tools to cultivate a growth mindset.
- Why Change is Hard
- Exploring the Subconscious Mind and How it is Running the Show
- A look at How to Deconstruct Limiting Beliefs
- Mindset Principles / Understanding a Change in Mindset
- Cultivating a Growth Mindset
Strategies for the Manager / Supervisor
Building on the “Supporting the Mind at Work” series, this program gives participants the practical knowledge they need to help facilitate a psychologically safe workplace.
- How to support employees’ mental health and well-being
- Addressing stigma and discrimination in the workplace
- Establishing a respectful and inclusive workplace climate
- Understanding mental health on a continuum
- What you can do to help
- Special considerations and workplace accommodations
Mental Health First Aid Certification Programs
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) is the support provided to a person who may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being or a mental health crisis. Offered in partnership with the Mental Health Commission of Canada*, learn how you yourself can benefit as well as bring Mental Health First Aid into your community.
*MHFA Canada is an evidence-based program of The Mental Health Commission of Canada
- Signs someone may be experiencing a decline in their mental well-being
- How to talk about declines in their mental well-being
- Discuss professional and other supports and how to reach out to these supports
- Assist in a mental health or substance use crisis
- Use MHFA actions to maintain one’s own mental well-being
Choose either in-person or virtual (zoom) format:
Basic – In Person
2 Day Instructor-Led Program
1 Self-directed Module + 2 Half Day Instructor-Led Virtual Modules
Benefits of Promoting Mental Health in the Workplace
- Improves Productivity
- Improves Mood
- Improves Staff Retention
- Improves Teamwork
- Decreases Medical Leave
- Decreases Staff Turnover
- Decreases Injuries & Accidents
- Decreases Absences
A psychologically healthy workplace is a respectful and productive environment that makes every reasonable effort to promote and protect the mental health of employees.
Our programs are designed to empower yourself and others to cope and manage with everyday stressors, triggers, and mental health concerns in the workplace and community. Mental Health struggles can affect ANYONE at ANYTIME.
Whether you’re looking to introduce your employees to some fundamentals regarding mental health or interested in taking a more in depth look at key strategies to optimize employee mental health and well-being in the workplace, we have a program to meet your needs.
Please fill in this form and a representative will follow up.