Emergency First Aid for the Baseball Coach/Trainer
Price: $75 plus HST
GTA training centre: Saturday, Feb 4
Barrie training centre: Saturday, Feb 11
This program is designed specifically for the sport of baseball.
Assessing injuries and knowing exactly what to do, with sporting equipment on, can be very intimidating and without proper training, can be dangerous. This program is designed to give you the confidence and skills to properly assess injuries and provide appropriate first aid.
This is a highly interactive scenario based program providing you with the unique opportunity to practice on real people, dressed in baseball equipment all day long!
The following topics will be covered:
- Adult & Child CPR
- Adult & Child Choking
- Automated External Defibrillation (AEDs)
- Severe bleeding, bruising and contusions
- Head, neck and spinal injuries
- Concussions - proper assessment and first aid
- Wounds, abrasions & injuries from cleats
- Shock/unconsciousness & fainting
- Bone & Joint Injuries (including injuries to the shoulder, arm, hamstrings)
- Asthma Attacks & training on the use of an Epi-pen
- Heat Stroke and Heat Exhaustion
Download our Brochure